Subject: Re: Amiga <-> NT Filesharing Success!
From: David Warner <[email-masked]>
To: Multiple recipients of list <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 1996 04:25:37 -0500

On Fri, 26 Jan 1996 [email-masked] wrote:

> >T> Anyone aware of some deals on Ethernet Cards for the PC?
> >
> >     nope! but looking too! could someone point us towards a recent review?
> 
> 	C'mon guys -- they're like 80 bux retail!  Waddaya want?

MEI MicroCenter had Ethernet cards (ThinNet only) advertised for less than 
$40 in a recent catalog...I can't find it though.  It really amazes me 
how much cheaper the PC Ethernet cards are compared to the Amiga!  I paid 
$200 per card on the Amiga, and that was a used price...figure at least 
$300 for brand new.  (sucks)

It may be an expensive proposition, but there's nothing cooler than 
having your machines all networked together and sharing LightWave files!

                                     -David Warner
                                      [email-masked]
                                      http://www.albany.net/~dwarner